Escape to this tranquil nature reserve: a grand forest garden and landscape park created by one of the richest men in Georgian England.
Gibside offers miles of woodland and riverside walks with views across the Derwent Valley. Explore an architectural gem of a chapel, see red kite soar above the famous tree-lined avenue, discover our ever-changing walled garden and our vibrant stables discovery centre, with lots of eating and shopping temptation on the way.
Bring the family for wildlife spotting and outdoor adventures, including nature playscape and rope-climbing challenge, or indoor fun with our milkable cow and Gibside Hall playhouse.
- See our walled garden and Victorian shrubbery come back to life.
- Look for nature at our wildlife hide and viewing cameras.
- Reach the Column of Liberty for a fantastic panorama.
- Uncover Mary Eleanor Bowes’ dramatic story of torture and abduction.
- Enjoy changing exhibitions at the Stables.
Eating and shopping…
- Savour breakfast butties, homemade lunches and afternoon teas inspired by our kitchen garden in the Potting Shed Café and Renwick’s Coffee Shop.
- Make a picnic with food from Gibside Larder farm shop.
- Treat yourself to gifts and plants.
Nr Rowlands Gill Gateshead Tyne and Wear
Telephone: 01207 541820